ABOUT CHEF RUSSO
The son of first-generation Italian immigrants, Chef Anthony Russo grew up in a New Jersey home where the kitchen was the center of family life. The Russo family was always cooking and baking at home. Many of the ingredients were picked from the family garden, just like Grandpa and Nonna Russo always did back in Avellino, Italy.
These experiences stuck with young Anthony as his family moved to Galveston, Texas, in 1978. His father opened Russo’s Italian Restaurant, which quickly became a local favorite. Just like that, Anthony found a second home in the restaurant kitchen. At the age of 12, he was learning family recipes from relatives who flew in from Naples and Sicily each summer. Making pizza and scacciata (calzones) became his passion.
RUSSO’S HAS BEEN ALL ABOUT THE FOOD SINCE 1992.
Our secret recipe? Our 100 year-old family recipes feature custom blends of spices and proprietary ingredients that will leave your competitors far behind. To make a true New York-style crust you need the right flour. At Russo’s we make our pizza dough and sauce fresh daily using authentic family recipes. Our homemade pizza sauce is made with tomatoes grown in California and then topped with 100% mozzarella cheese from a Wisconsin dairy farm.
REAL INGREDIENTS, NOTHING PACKAGED.
Always fresh, never frozen! In every Russo’s location you’ll be making fresh pesto sauce and marinara sauce, hand-crushing tomatoes, chopping fresh vegetables, rolling fresh Italian meatballs or stirring minestrone soup while it simmers with the aroma of fresh garlic. Everything works together to keep this award-winning pizza brand true to its chef-driven roots. High quality and authenticity are hallmarks of Russo’s New York Pizzeria®, a worldwide chain with a boutique feel and rewarding, pizza restaurant franchise opportunities. We don’t just follow a formula in our kitchen–we really cook. Whether you come to us or we come to you with catering or delivery, you’ll experience Italian cuisine as it was meant to be – crafted with skill, care and art, with high standards and high expectations. We welcome you to join our success by becoming part of our original Italian pizza franchise family.
The right concept, The perfect opportunity
Flexible store design.
Flexible menu adaptable to change with trends and local market.
Healthy Italian entrées with gluten-free options.
Strong training and marketing support.
Counter service and full service options.
49 Locations and 18 In Development.
Franchise opportunities Available Worldwide
What is our ROI?
Average Hourly Labor Costs
Average Food Costs
Average net cash flow
WE OFFER A UNIQUE OPEN KITCHEN CONCEPT WITH A BUSINESS MODEL DESIGNED TO BUILD SALES.
The following data involves historic performance information for Restaurants owned by us or our affiliates and Restaurants operating under effective Franchise Agreements that were open for 12 months or longer as of December 31, 2018. There were a total of 51 franchised Russo’s New York Pizzeria Restaurants operating under effective Franchise Agreements as of that date, 20 of which had been open for 12 months or longer in the United States, and there were a total of six Russo’s New York Pizzeria Restaurants owned by us or our affiliates, all of which had been open for 12 months or longer as of December 31, 2018. The following results include (a) the average Gross Sales for company-owned Russo’s New York Pizzeria Restaurants for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2018, and (b) the cash flows for company-owned Russo’s New York Pizzeria Restaurants only for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018. Because we do not maintain the accounting records of our franchisees, we are unable to make any representation with respect to the reliability of the expense data of franchised Restaurants.
Costs and Fees
- Liquid Capital Required $2 Million USD
- Area Developments Available
- Restaurant start-up investment starts at $295,000 per store
- Learn More
Our Franchise Support
- Russo's assists owners through all stages of business ownership—from site selection to grand opening to ongoing support. Our training and support systems provide the tools needed to run a successful pizza and Italian franchise.
- Site Selection and Lease Negotiation – We assist all of our franchise owners with finding the perfect real estate that meets the ideal demographic and psychographic profiles of the Russo’s guest. Our real estate team will provide a market analysis and assist with lease negotiation for your location.
- Buildout Support – Once a location is selected, our team will assist you with the design and layout of the restaurant, as well as provide a comprehensive list of fixtures, furnishings and equipment needed for your store. We work with a range of suppliers and professional vendors to make buildout as turn key as possible.
- Extensive Training Program – Russo’s offers a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks initial training for the franchisee and up to three other members of the team. You and your team will train in one of our flagship training stores. Additionally, our experienced staff will travel on site to your location to train your entire team and assist with your Grand Opening.
- Multiple Revenue Streams – Russo’s is unique in the fast-casual industry and is leading the charge for delivery and catering services in pizza and Italian. Russo’s is also is set up for online ordering through its website, making it easy and convenient for guests to order the food they love.
- Low Initial Investment – Russo’s Next Generation model boasts a smaller footprint, cutting down on upstart costs and ongoing operating costs.
- Experienced Support Staff – Russo’s franchise headquarters employs more than 15 full-time qualified support staff with decades worth of experience in the franchise and restaurant industries. Our team visits with each of our franchisees one-on-one multiple times per year to assist with operations, administrative and marketing support.
4 BIG OPPORTUNITIES
Income streams flow together
The pizza industry is teeming with opportunity and room for innovation. However, only Russo’s has captured all four key revenue segments in the fast casual market. Four important income streams flow together, to capture more market share:
Our classic pizzerias serve fresh, made-to-order pizza, pasta, and salads, allowing customers to experience the traditional New York pizzeria feel at a reasonable price.
Pizza delivery services allow customers to call in or place their orders online. Traditionally, this is a key service to most popular pizza franchises, but what differentiates Russo's is our full menu in addition to pizza, which increases overall sales.
Approximately 20% to 45% of our customers prefer takeout, making this service the most popular and profitable. Takeout offers the same quick convenience as delivery, minus the tip.
We offer full-service catering for events large or small, corporate or private. Let our serving staff take the pressure off, so you can relax and enjoy the occasion. We offer a full menu of Italian specialties, or we can customize a buffet for a less formal setting.
Franchise Success Stories
"I really liked the business concept. It generates great returns because there are multiple sources of revenue."
Sam – Houston, Texas
Multi-Unit Owner of Two Locations – Since 2005
"From the moment customers walk in, they know they’ve come somewhere special. They’re getting a true slice of New York."
Guillermo – Houston, Texas
Multi-Unit Owner of Four Locations – Since 2010
"Working with a franchise takes a big load off of your shoulders. They have everything to help you get started."
Alex and Nivine – Houston, Texas
Single-Unit Owner - Since 2006
At Russo’s New York Pizzeria, there’s only one thing we care about more than our amazingly high-quality pizzas and authentic Italian offerings. That’s supporting every franchisee’s journey to the best of our abilities. We’re Italian; that makes our franchisees family. From pre-opening support to ongoing training and marketing assistance, we’ve got you covered through and […]
People love pizza, and the love for these savory pies only grows with each passing year. Today, at least 83 percent of consumers eat pizza once a month, while 43 percent of people eat it on a weekly basis. Although the obsession over pizza is here to stay, the demands of those who eat it […]
Considering franchising? You’re in the right place. Russo’s New York Pizzeria is an emerging franchise with four revenue streams, making a name for itself in the pizza industry. Here’s why: Old-World Cooking Goes a Long Way Italian old-world cuisine is a social food meant to excite and inspire celebration around the table. And that’s exactly […]
PMQ Pizza Magazine calls the next generation of pizza lovers – Gen-Zers and Millennials – “discerning diners,” while Technomic’s Pizza Consumer Trend Report calls the group’s love for pies the “Rise of the Pizza Connoisseurs.” Research from these studies shows some pretty saucy findings: 43 percent of consumers eat pizza at least once a week […]
Even as New York-style pizza chain, Russo’s New York Pizzeria, begins expanding deep in the southwest, the brand’s namesake founder and chef, Anthony Russo, is celebrating the concept’s success with international audiences. The chain’s leadership said late last week, it’s planning to expand with 15 new locations in both Texas and Arizona to augment the current […]
One of the most innovative times of year is upon us for the pizza universe, with everything from colder weather and football, to Halloween and the start of the winter holidays propelling brands’ most creative marketing maneuvers. Veg out with PizzaRev Some of this week’s brands testing the seasonal special waters include PizzaRev, which has […]
Russo’s New York Pizzeria, one of the most iconic, authentic New York pizzerias in the Lone Star State, is now open in Cedar Park. The location, which officially opened Monday, March 19, offers authentic New York-style pizzeria. The popular, chef driven, fast casual Italian restaurant — “that brings to life old-world charm and hospitality,” officials […]